Register
    Junoir Member

Kodi 17.3 video issue

Hi, I just installed kodi 17.3 on my windows computer and I get the audio for movies but not the video. I assume that it is a settings problem and tried a few things, but nothing works. Let me know if more info. is needed and thanks for your patience.

Go to system......settings..........player.........Video s......processing ...allow hardware acceleration ................first......make sure your in expert mode in settings level

By the way when you say you have tried a few things.........That does not help in fixing your problem.....You should list the things in detail that you have tried...........
    Last edited by floder2; 08-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the reply floder2 but after following all of your instructions, I still have the same problem. The screen is not black, there is a slight green background and I can faintly see movement in the background if that helps any. I had a similar problem when I installed jarvis on my T1 awhile back and was able to correct it some how, but time and age have are taking their toll.

Settings vary depending on your equipment, i.e. amount of RAM, gpu, etc. You also didn't state which type of video gives you the problem. Is it a local video file, video from some internet site or an IPTV stream?

To troubleshoot video issues, go into your Kodi video settings and click on defaults to begin. Then change one setting at a time and try to watch each type of video file I mentioned and see what happens.

If you are only having a problem with IPTV, you should know that not all streams work all of the time. Are you getting the symptoms you described on every channel? Also, with IPTV, acceleration should be OFF in most cases. Again, it depends on your equipment.