Register
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Junoir Member
    Those who received their boxes, can you please share with us GUI and performance of your box? thanks

It's about the same as the buzztv 2000 except for a faster processor and an update we are waiting for to have the PVR working..and also the integration of ATSC Digital TV Tuner with the Live-Tv instead of a stand alone app...
    Coming soon they say................

same GUI for now.. rather large update is supposed to hit the xpl2000 and 3000 sometime over the next few weeks. Upgraded processor in the 3000 is noticeably faster especially within kodi. The 3000 is currently running a newer build of the buzz tv app which eliminates the iptv menu glitches experienced with certain providers.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield, Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000

Someone send me a Formuler Z7+ pre-production for testing plz

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    It's about the same as the buzztv 2000 except for a faster processor and an update we are waiting for to have the PVR working..and also the integration of ATSC Digital TV Tuner with the Live-Tv instead of a stand alone app...
    Coming soon they say................
    FYI the processor is the same speed. 1.5Ghz I believe (the 2.0 Ghz claim was a flat lie from Amlogic) Only s905(x) device that can be ran faster than 1.5 is the Odroid C2 (over clocked). I own many s905 and s905x devices. The s905 devices are definitely a bit quicker but the s905x has the advantage of VP9 - the other "upgrades" other than Marshmallow are pretty tiny. If you don't need Marshmallow or VP9, I personally don't see the point yet.

One thing I hated about s905x was being limited to 10/100 Ethernet. Some s905 had gigabit but can't remember if the Buzz did. If you need more than 100, a good chipset USB3 Ethernet adapter might get you faster speeds (depending how its wired).

Upgrades are good tho, I'm just having a hard time justifying this purchase to anyone that already own a Buzz 2000.

***For those of you who can't use your remote control - MX3***

Try installing this and remapping your buttons

Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=innerlife.keyboard.multilanguagekeymapredefiner&hl=en
    Last edited by veronicas; 10-09-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks for the info as always veronicas. Processor may be rated at the same 1.5 Ghz but there is definitely a difference between the two (or perhaps some other optimization in play). I would agree that if you own an XPL2000 and don't care about PVR ability it makes no sense to upgrade at the moment. The version of buzz tv app running on the 3000 I'm sure will be pushed to the 2000 in next update. However, if looking for a second device why not grab the 3000 as it is the same price. Also the xpl2000 will disappear once stock dries up. As I understand it the new model was more about manufacturing costs than true upgrade. Still limited to 10/100 ethernet and wifi performance increase is marginal at best.

I attempted mapping with that app you referenced, however, the mouse pointer button didn't register as an input. Will check it out again later this evening when I have some time.

Thanks again
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield, Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000

Someone send me a Formuler Z7+ pre-production for testing plz

Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    same GUI for now.. rather large update is supposed to hit the xpl2000 and 3000 sometime over the next few weeks. Upgraded processor in the 3000 is noticeably faster especially within kodi. The 3000 is currently running a newer build of the buzz tv app which eliminates the iptv menu glitches experienced with certain providers.
    Hopefully the buzz tv app update rolls down to the 2000 box soon, the glitch with some providers is annoying me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Only seller I can find are from Canada ................. they want $136.00 to $155.00 dollars including shipping....May have to wait until the company releases to the USA....Think there is a short supply right now ...thats why the price is high..in my opinion .........................

1 x BuzzTV XPL 3000 Android IPTV OTT set-top HD 4K TV Box (Onyx Black) (xpl3000) = $99.99USD delivered to usa.

There's a guy on ebay selling a 2000 for $237.00 US

Has to be nuts!

TV Addicted
    Fully loaded kok

Wonder what ever happened to the update to the Buzztv 3000 ..........to give it a fully functional PVR ??

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast